New Flex-A-Door announced. – B&D Doors, New Zealand’s leading manufacturer of sectional and roller doors for domestic, industrial and commercial use, today announced the launch of a new spacing-saving flexible garage door, a modern alternative to old fashioned tilt doors.
Tailored for New Zealand conditions and available through B&D’s nationwide Garador and Dominator dealer networks, the new Flex-A-Door has been designed with improved safety and security profile, provides better weatherproofing, and has a modern clean design with the following additional features:
- Low profile – suitable for garages with low or restricted headroom, or where tall vehicles such as 4WDs are parked
- Vertical operation – unlike tilt doors, Flex-A-Doors open vertically, maximising the usable space in the garage and allowing items and vehicles to be placed very close to either side of the door without interfering with its operation
- Improved safety – the door has no moving door supports and brackets and the springs are enclosed in horizontal track
- Improved security – there are no gaps between the door and framing. The closed door is held firmly in place and if manually operated is secured by a pick resistant lock attached to locking bars that are tamper proof from the outside
- Better weatherproofing – the door extends past the opening and a deep cushioning weatherseal on the bottom helps to restrict the entry of water and leaves.
With less moving parts, Flex-A-Door has been has been designed to exceed Australasian garage door standards – 20,000 cycles – and is available in an extensive range of colours to complement most home designs.